Yay for a tasty green smoothie! Have you jumped on the smoothie train yet? If not, you should! They’re super easy to throw together, delicious tasting, and packed full of good-for-you vitamins and minerals!
No time to prep in the morning? Pop the fruit and greens in a freezer bag, pull out in the a.m., and blend with liquid. Ta-da – you’re out the door with your healthy breakfast!
We’ve worked green smoothies in to our daily routine for over a year now and love them! I find Costco to be the best value for organic greens and frozen fruit. If you live in an area where local fruit is in abundance then consider buying in bulk, prepping, and freezing it (and I’ll be super jealous that you have access to such wonderful local fruit. Ha!).
Basic Green Smoothie
1 Cup Liquid (water, coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk, etc.)
1 Large Handful Greens (spinach has the mildest flavor, we like the Power Greens blend for variety)
1 Cup Frozen Fruit (the possibilities are endless here – banana, pineapple, mixed berries, strawberries…)
1. Add liquid and greens to blender and blend until thoroughly combined
2. Add fruit and blend until creamy
3. Pour in to a glass and enjoy!
- 1 Cup Liquid (water, coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 1 Large Handful Greens (spinach has a mild flavor, I like Power Greens for variety)
- 1 Cup Frozen Fruit (the possibilities are endless here - banana, pineapple, mixed berries, strawberries...)
- Add liquid and greens to blender and blend until thoroughly combined
- Add fruit and blend until creamy
- Pour in to a glass and enjoy!
- If you have a high-speed blender you can add all the ingredients to the blender and blend in one step.
- If you don't have frozen fruit just use fresh and add a handful of ice cubes in step 2.