Do you use cloth baby wipes or know someone who does? Read on!
I was a late bloomer in the cloth diaper game….we used disposables for our first child and up until almost 2 years old with our second child. I had intentions of starting sooner with him but we had a long year of moving and traveling so I wanted to wait until we were settled.
Once I splurged on cloth diapers, I figured it only made sense for me to use cloth baby wipes as well. They’re really not bad, promise! You’re already washing dirty diapers so what’s a little more laundry?!
I decided to use the spray bottle method for getting them wet (I’ve also seen others dump the solution in a wipes container and keep the wipes wet). I accordion fold the wipes, store in an old Huggies container, then pull out and spray individually as I use them. The spray is super easy to make!
Cloth Baby Wipe Spray
1 tablespoon Almond Oil (olive, jojoba, fractionated coconut oil, etc will also work)
1 tablespoon Dr Bronner’s Baby Mild Liquid Castile Soap
2 drops dōTERRA Melaleuca Essential Oil
2 drops dōTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
8-12 ounces Filtered Water
Pour all ingredients in to a glass spray bottle. Turn upside down to mix before use. Spray on cloth baby wipes as needed.
Note: This recipe is very forgiving. I don’t measure it anymore, just pour in a little oil,a little soap, couple drops of each essential oil, then fill to the top with water. Enjoy!
Here’s a little pictorial on how I accordion fold cloth baby wipes. I don’t know, this might be better done as a video. We’ll start with this though!
Lay one wipe out flat, lay another wipe half way on top of it towards the left, take the bottom right one and fold it towards the middle so it’s in half now, lay a new wipe half way on the stack towards the right, fold the wipe on the left in half, lay another wipe half way on the stack towards the left, fold the wipe on the right in half. Repeat until all the wipes are integrated. Place in an empty wipes container. I like to use the Huggies travel cases and regular size cases. The regular size have the rubber grip that makes it nice when pulling out wipes and keeping a new one in place.
- 1 tablespoon Almond Oil (olive, jojoba, fractionated coconut oil, etc will also work)
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Liquid Castile Soap
- 2 drops dōTERRA Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 2 drops dōTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
- 8-12 ounces Filtered Water
- Pour all ingredients in to a glass spray bottle.
- Turn upside down to mix before use.
- Spray on wipes as needed.
- This recipe is very forgiving. I don't measure it anymore, just pour in a little oil,a little soap, couple drops of each essential oil, then fill to the top with water. Enjoy!